Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BENEFITS OF CARE

Now that I have been practicing for "a few" years, I'm starting to really see the benefits of consistent chiropractic and bodywork care.  This is true for both the horse and the rider.  Chiropractic adjustments and bodywork usually improves a horse’s disposition.  These are the horses who always seem to be cranky, or are easily upset.  These are often the horses who are not pleased with me while I work on them, but who whinny and nicker when they see me for the next visit.  A horse with chronic pain will quite frankly not want to work.  This is a rare day for my endurance horses, and is definitely a sign that something is up with them!  

This is also true for riders, I often hear complaints from trail riders with constant pain.  They think that I'm "nuts" for riding 50 miles in a day.  While I can't testify to my mental soundness, as I do think that the pain from riding all day isn't even close to the fun benefit, I know that when I am well adjusted I come through a ride much easier.  Granted, it does help that my husband is a great chiropractor who can (and does) adjust me mid-ride :)  

The key here appears to be consistency.  Horses don't seem to need nearly as much care as people do, but of course they live much more naturally than most of us do.  I've been playing with my horses own treatment schedule but this appears to be a case of the shoemaker's kids not having any shoes....

No comments:

Post a Comment